Web & Application Development Project Manager
Core to the technical project manager’s responsibilities are excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong technical aptitude, sense of urgency for completing projects on-time, within scope and within budget, extreme attention to detail, an obsessive demand for quality and implementing optimal solutions and an attitude for removing excuses and overcoming obstacles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing remote support / freelancers. Recruit, vet and direct a ‘bench’ of freelance developers, both local and national. Ensure freelancers possess needed skills and expertise, work with PM and director to assign work based on those skills and expertise and ensure freelancers apply solutions appropriate for defined project goals and requirements.
- Project planning and scheduling. Create and keep up-to-date project plans throughout the lifecycle of a project, including resources and timelines. Schedule milestones and ensure that commitments are met and align with the business strategy.
- Managing scope. Establish (or contribute to the establishment of) a statement of work that manages project scope among key stakeholders. Discover and validate business and technical requirements and parameters. Establish processes for reinforcing, managing and containing the project within scope.
- Develop solutions. Plan project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability and application. Prepare technical and modification specifications. Lead the exploration, evaluation, and design of technical solutions.
- Implement solutions. Prepare site/app architecture. Produce code required for site/app build-out. Monitor project progress; tracking action items. Conduct design and implementation reviews. Examine, research and resolve issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority. Respond to team members’ concerns.
- Assure quality of solutions. Develop and complete test plans; maintain project and technical documentation.
- Remove roadblocks. Take proactive measures to identify and remove roadblocks.
- Solving issues and challenges. React quickly to problems as they arise. Choose optimal path to resolution given landscape, constraints, dependencies, and costs. Recalibrate project plans as needed.
- Reporting. Synthesize information regarding project status, risks and dependencies to provide all stakeholders with a cohesive and accurate picture of the state of a project and required actions; ensure that all progress, findings, obstacles, issues and risks are identified, developed and trackable.
- Communication. Proactively communicate issues, status, risks, and needs to all internal and external stakeholders critical to a project’s success. Ask questions and actively listen to understand the business objectives. Examine and recommend changes to current business practices
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- A working knowledge of the website and application development process. You should know all the steps involved in taking a product from a concept to live
- Experience developing / coding, launching and maintaining a successful website or web application product
- Experience managing, maintaining and communicating project timelines and milestones
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical people
- Experience with BigCommerce, Shopify and other commerce platforms preferred
- Ability to manage without direct oversight of personnel
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/risk mitigation skills
- Works effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Consistently demonstrates enthusiasm, creative problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and switch gears quickly and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Responds urgently, as needed, under demanding deadlines
- Owns the role and understands the accountability that comes with responsibilities of the role
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chat Challenges, Brainstorm Big Ideas, Talk Tactics...