The Account Supervisor is responsible for leading public relations and social media programs for assigned client business. The Account Supervisor works directly with our client brands’ senior leadership and internal agency team to drive strategy via a deep understanding of their business.
A demonstrated history of leading successful public relations and social media campaigns is critical, particularly with public involvement and community outreach initiatives. Rawle Murdy’s Account Directors are expected to lead innovative, proactive idea generation for clients, with constant and continuous improvement in mind.
- Maintain a direct set of clients within Rawle Murdy’s Public Relations and Social Media department, focused on the government relations / public involvement vertical.
- Lead overall strategy and execution of marketing communication programs, including oversight of account staffing, budgeting, and reporting
- Lead and/or collaborate with PR/Social Media team members, as well as with staff from creative, digital and media, in the execution of marketing activities
- Work with SVP of Public Relations and Social Media in developing account service strategy, as well as the formation of account plans and resource allocations
- Support department/agency new business development efforts; ongoing development of a suite of tools (research, project management, reporting) and client communication best practices
- Retention and client satisfaction.
- Represent Rawle Murdy in civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community.
- Support/practice Rawle Murdy’s mission and values, internally and externally
- Actively involved on a strategic basis to assure timely completion of projects.
- Maintains quality control of all group projects and ensures that projects are produced at or above client expectations.
- Maintains a direct relationship with clients on all PR and social media initiatives, guiding the client with expert, experience-based marketing recommendations and acting as a strategic partner.
- Seeks opportunities to improve communication plans through collaboration with all partners (internal and external).
Works with Media, Brand Leadership and Creative departments to be sure all necessary information, marketing and advertising direction is acquired that could influence any and all agency work for the client.
- Determines appropriate key agency and client deliverables.
- Works with Media and PR/Social Media departments to determine success measures/KPIs and optimization strategies/models.
- Strong character, solution-orientation, results-driven, strategic thinker, connected to community, strong desire to learn/grow, seeks feedback/gives feedback.
The ideal Rawle Murdy associate fits here because he or she:
- Believes in having fun at work.
- Gives a damn – going deep with clients and associates to push for bigger and better ideas.
- Is fearless – thriving in an environment where failure is accepted as a stepping stone to greatness.
- Cares deeply – building personal relationships with co-workers, clients and within the community.
- Has integrity – doing the right thing no matter how hard it may be at times.
- Never stops learning – taking the journey beyond their job title.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing, advertising, communications or business.
- At least 6-8 year’s work experience including agency and client-side public relations and corporate communications. Past work experience in an integrated agency environment preferred.
- A demonstrated history of success with public involvement, community outreach, crisis communication and issue management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of the media, elected officials, special interest groups and the general public.
- Strong track record of media relations strategy and earned media coverage with local, regional and national media outlets.
- Demonstrated experience with the development of client relationships.