Pinch Hitter for Director of Creative Services
We’re looking for someone to pinch hit for our current director of creative services on an ongoing, as-needed basis.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, an exceptional communicator, process-oriented, able to think creatively and respond quickly; all with a positive attitude. Must be adept at scheduling and coordinating project efforts, and must also possess a comprehensive understanding of creative development in all its forms. As there is no set schedule for this position, we want to find a candidate who can jump in to help a day, a week or sometimes weeks at a time when needed.
- Accurately tracks and communicates project status to account leaders and vendors.
- Manages the daily activity of all jobs, ensuring priorities are set and deadlines are met.
- Meets/communicates with the team on a regular basis and serves as a point of contact as appropriate.
- Manages the day-to-day activity of projects, ensuring the work is successfully completed within time parameters while meeting quality of work. Works daily with the creative team to balance their workload.
- Understands project strategy and objectives. Leads the team in identifying, communicating and developing solutions for any potential challenges. Fosters collaboration among team members.
- Ensures all team members are included and appropriately engaged, including the client and external resources. Advises the Creative Director when a client request is outside of the existing scope.
- Checks all materials for accuracy and completeness. Ensures quality control, proofreads, as well as develops and maintains timelines in project management software.
- Works with the account team to manage client expectations. Exhibits an honest and committed effort to deliver as promised, with the resources provided, never compromising quality.
- Creates consistency with how work comes to the department and how turnaround times are negotiated. Assists designers/writers to traffic projects to freelance production artists (gathering assets if needed), so that they can oversee outsourced work.
- Facilitates approval of creative work by routing work to stakeholders for feedback and obtaining appropriate sign-offs.
- Communicates deadlines and requirements to designers, vendors and project stakeholders.
- Expedites the inevitable “rush jobs.”
- Obtains all project details for each creative job request, and facilitates a kickoff meeting, if required.
- Maintains an electronic/physical archive of all jobs.
- Facilitates purchasing of all creative production and assets, preparing necessary estimates and purchase orders. Works with accounting regarding payables and receivables.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of creative/advertising/marketing agency preferred
- Experience working across several project types: print, digital, video, audio and web
- Understanding of technical deliverables across the above project types
- Understanding of creative process as it relates to design and content
- Ability to listen, gather information, evaluate situation and find solutions that fit the intended goal
- Ability to manage vendors, timelines and budgets
- Ability to multitask and prioritize without missing deadlines and work within defined budgets
- Understands how to build budgets, write scopes of work, develop timelines and work with project management tools like Webvantage and Trello
- Strong account management skills to interface with RM team and vendors
- Proficiency in Google Docs including Doc, Sheets, Slides
- Working knowledge of latest Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Flexible availability is a must. Schedule may require candidates to be available to work a day, days, week or weeks at a time.
Chat Challenges, Brainstorm Big Ideas, Talk Tactics...