Buffalo Groupe is a collection of advertising agencies and media properties dedicated to reaching an audience seeking escape. In the realm of active sport, outdoor recreation and wellness, brands that help create moments of escape are deemed trusted and welcome contributors. This is the highest form of advocacy – the power of escape marketing.
Buffalo Groupe is headquartered near Washington, DC, with additional offices in Charlotte, Boulder, Portland and LA. Rawle Murdy, our Charleston, SC-based agency and the creative hub of Buffalo Groupe, is looking for a talented copywriter to join the team and work on a wide range of clients. The ideal candidate would be located in the Charleston area, however remote candidates will also be considered.
Please provide a link to a portfolio that demonstrates a variety of sample work that is relevant to the job scope below – this can be made up of samples from college projects, professional work, or personal projects, but should feature work such as copy for banner ads, emails, newsletters, blog posts, social media, SEM, etc.
We will not be able to consider candidates who do not provide samples of relevant work.
- Writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy across a wide range of clients and industries
- Developing and maintaining a clear and consistent brand voice
- Understanding different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Creating original advertising content that results in effective and compelling communication
- Presenting work both to internal teams and to the client, defending thinking, understanding feedback, and making necessary changes in a timely manner
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent creativity and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while delivering polished work under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides
- Ability to partner closely with graphic designers to bring copy to life visually
- Self-motivated, well organized and eager to learn
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) a plus
- Agency experience a plus
Please email your resume and include either a link to your work samples or an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Jr. Copywriter” as the subject line.
Chat Challenges, Brainstorm Big Ideas, Talk Tactics...