We are headquartered near Washington, DC, in Reston, VA, with additional offices in Charlotte, Charleston, Boulder, Greensboro, Portland and LA. Our Charleston, SC office and the location of our creative group headquarters is looking for a talented digital designer to join the team and work on a wide range of clients. The ideal candidate would be located in the Charleston area, however remote candidates will also be considered.
Please provide a link to a portfolio that demonstrates a variety of digital design work that is relevant to the job scope below – this can be made up of samples from design school projects, internships or personal projects, but should feature work such as infographics, landing page layouts, social media posts, email design, and banner ad design. Experience in animation, video editing, logo designs, packaging design, and photography is a plus.
We will not be able to consider candidates who do not provide samples of relevant work.
The purpose of a Digital Designer & Animator is to create digital assets for multimedia and graphics projects, including websites, mobile apps, banner ads, video animation, emails, social media and trade show displays.
This position requires the applicant to be a self-starter who is self-directed, personable, an excellent communicator, and can work independently and as a member of a team. This individual must be able to take ownership of tasks assigned and work within the scope of project assignments, while meeting expected deadlines and communicating progress to team members and key project stakeholders.
- Concept and create digital graphics for digital ads, social media, presentations and other uses
- Concept and create motion / animated graphics for social and other uses
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Promote exceptional customer experiences
- Work with our team in an agile environment to ensure successful product delivery
- Maintain style sheets and branding guidelines for various clients
- Work with other graphic designers to help with additional graphic design projects like branding and advertising
- Very strong portfolio and work samples
- 5+ years of motion graphics experience
- Equal experience with general graphic design
- Strong technical knowledge of the following: Adobe Creative Suite
- including InDesign, Photoshop, Animate, After Effects and other design and animation software
- Experience working with responsive and mobile web development
- Proficiency working with WordPress and popular plugins (e.g.,WooCommerce, Jetpack, UpdraftPlus, WP Super Cache, etc.), along with the ability to develop custom WordPress plugins and themes.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS and other web coding languages
Please email your resume and link to your portfolio (or attach it as a PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Design Director” as the subject line.
Chat Challenges, Brainstorm Big Ideas, Talk Tactics...