Planking, Tebow-ing and now Flamingo-ing
This spring, Cheeseburger in Paradise launched its fourth annual Molly Flamingo Photo Contest which asked fans to submit pictures of themselves striking the pose of its official mascot, Molly the flamingo. Individuals snapped shots of themselves donning pink and posing on one leg. And so the term ‘flamingo-ing’ was born.
Flamingo-ing photos were shared on the Cheeseburger in Paradise website and Facebook page throughout the spring, and fans were encouraged to vote for their favorite. The top ten submissions with the most votes were rewarded, and the ultimate winner won a trip for two to Vegas.
Check out the winner, Kim from Temple Terrace, who received a total of 907 votes!
Beyond just adding a creative twist to its annual photo contest, the flamingo-ing promotion helped produce the following Facebook stats:
- 634 Facebook fans liked posts throughout the photo contest campaign
- There were a total of 23,147 views on all pictures submitted
- There were a total of 89 comments on all photo contest submissions
- 61 people shared a photo contest post or photo
- The average CTR on all Facebook ads was .115% (goal .06%)